Who says your creativity can’t be combined with your profession?!
That you can't blend art and business?
That you can't embrace conventional and non-conventional career paths?
That you can't be a working professional yet lust after creative freedom and the possibilities of earning more outside of your career?
If you've ever felt paralyzed when it comes to making decisions for your career...because too much info...
If the thought of numerous online marketing strategies, promises, and celebrating big pay days gives you headaches...because where do I start...
If building a personal brand and being profitable leaves you gasping for air...because omg no time for it at all...
If you have wanted to do life with someone JUST LIKE YOU...someone who understands the frustration of wanting to be more than life behind a pay check...someone who won't settle for "normal"...
You've come to the right place.
I’m Margaret Olat and I'm a rebel against conformity.
My life and work is dedicated to rebelling against society's prescription of a dream job. To show you how to thrive at the intersection of creativity, passion, and profit.
As in...show you how to create a crazy inspired career fueled by creative freedom.
A declutter-er, filter, and designer, I help you uncover genius ideas, identify what to sell, and design a profitable career (by blending your creative interests).
...without selling your soul, attending 1001 free webinars, or spending your life trying "new" strategies. Nope!
My clients have also gone from having conflicted ideas to launching their consulting services, products, launching a Kickstarter for a podcast, and getting featured in big media outlets.
My writing has been featured on TEDxLincolnSquare, Thought Catalog, Addicted2Success, MSN Money, Thrive Global, The Huffington Post, Career Contessa, UYD Media, Inspired COACH magazine. I’ve been mentioned by the likes of ProBlogger, Brit + Co, Minnesota State University Moorhead. I have also been featured as a career expert on Albert's List, a community of 30,000+ members that connects recruiters and job seekers with the power of referrals.
i am here to rebel against conformity. Because a crazy-inspired career means:
1) A college education isn't for everyone.
2) A college degree is NOT a ticket to middle class.
3) Declaring yourself as "undecided" in college is the most ridiculous thing ever; it's like being confused and paying for it. It does NOT help you become wiser.
4) Getting an advanced degree isn't the answer.
5) The answer is to rebel against conformity. Rebel against society's prescription of a dream job. Create your own dream job.
And if you're in transition or curious about how to blend all your creative interests into a profitable career. I can help!
So...these are the things that I believe
- I believe that we all moments of "unbecoming." But it is our attitude during these transitions that matter in whether we become profitable or fizzle out.
- I believe that ego is the enemy. Never stop listening, asking, serving, and evolving.
- I believe that you have the right to creative freedom: to do the things that light you up and fuel your creative instincts.
- That hustle is defined by the season you’re in. There is a season to plant, to harvest, and to multiply.
- I believe in your ability to forgive yourself and set yourself free from your past failures.
- I believe that you have the right to pivot: rethink your goals in life, to walk away from what drains you, and to seek spiritual alignment to your calling.
- I believe in the freedom to scale your business or career whenever you want, however you want.
- I believe in pressure-free sales: the right to ask for what your time is worth and make a living doing what you love.
Kind words from people who know me
“A SECRET WEAPON AND A MASTER OF WORDS!”
Margaret is my secret weapon and a master of words! She helped me snatch my dream opportunity as a blogger for The Huffington Post! I'm so grateful - Lillian Okoye, Business Strategist and Coach for aspiring entrepreneurs.
"AN ENLIGHTENING EXPERIENCE"
I must say, working with you was really enlightening for me because although I already knew what a sales page was and had read some articles on how to put one together, I still didn’t know how or where to start from. You did not only help me put together a killer sales page but you also helped me see why it is really important to craft one for your service or product - Cassie Daves, Medical Doctor and Creative Entrepreneur.
When I’m not being a rebel online, you’ll find me…
- Loving coffee! Coffee shops, coffee pots, anything coffee.
- Studying languages, local and foreign places. I’m currently on the mission to become fluent in Mandarin Chinese in 12 months. 7 years ago, I was the envy of my peers; I could speak, write, and read Chinese characters. However, I let the hustle take all that away from me.
- Listening to music: I don’t have a specific genre that I like. However, I find myself jamming to Christian music, Kpop, Mandopop, and certain jazz songs with singers who remain unknown (my fault).
- Eating food: …….food.
- Thinking about travel: It is my hope and dream to one day tour all of Asia.